230 Shouts - 5,421,789 Scrobbles
John Denver (December 31, 1943 – October 12, 1997) was born with the name Henry John Deutschendorf Jr. in Roswell, N.M. One of America's most popular performers in the '70s, Denver's rise to fame began when he was "discovered" in a Los Angeles nightclub. He initially joined the Back Porch Majority, a nursery group for the renowned New Christy Minstrels, but, tiring of his role there, he left for The Chad Mitchell Trio where he forged a reputation as a talented songwriter.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take Me Home, Country Roads - (3:08) - 48,672 plays
- Annie's Song - (3:19) - 26,543 plays
- Leaving on a Jet Plane - (4:00) - 14,010 plays
- Rocky Mountain High - (4:05) - 14,328 plays
- Leaving, On A Jet Plane - (4:04) - 11,717 plays
- Thank God I'm a Country Boy - (3:29) - 9,992 plays
- Sunshine on My Shoulders - (5:13) - 8,467 plays
- Calypso - (4:06) - 4,499 plays
- Back Home Again - (4:44) - 3,268 plays
- Take Me Home Country Roads - (3:10) - 4,033 plays