1 Shouts - 944 Scrobbles
John Elbert Collins (September 20, 1913 – October 4, 2001) was an American jazz guitarist who accompanied many swing era names from 1935 to 1950, including Art Tatum, Roy Eldridge, Billie Holiday, Buck Clayton, J.J. Johnson, Coleman Hawkins, Harry Carney, Teddy Wilson, Chubby Jackson, Shadow Wilson and Lester Young. His longest association was with Nat King Cole, 1951-1965. Known for his rhythm work, he soloed infrequently. Collins later taught music in the Los Angeles area.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- John's Delight - (2:58) - 31 plays
- Vibin' (Original Mix) - (6:24) - 12 plays
- Pure (Original Mix) - 7 plays
- Manhattan Skyline (Remix) - (7:52) - 11 plays
- Buckin' The Blues - (2:57) - 4 plays
- Freestylin' (Original Mix) - (0:30) - 3 plays
- Alone - (7:40) - 2 plays
- Eliza Lee (The Bulgine Run - Capstan Shanty) - 3 plays
- Unknown God - (2:40) - 2 plays
- Don't try to live so wise - (3:40) - 7 plays