20 Shouts - 153,732 Scrobbles
John Baker (1937-1997) was a musician and composer who worked in jazz and electronic music. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Music where he studied piano and composition. In 1960 he joined the BBC as a sound mixer, before transferring, in 1963, to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop where he remained until 1974. He was the most prolific of the early Workshop composers, where he specialised in reverse tape effects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Christmas Commercial - (0:43) - 211 plays
- Radio Nottingham - (1:18) - 156 plays
- The Frogs Wooing - (0:35) - 104 plays
- Structures - (2:57) - 114 plays
- Boys and Girls - (0:56) - 139 plays
- Milky Way - (1:37) - 122 plays
- New Worlds - (0:40) - 113 plays
- Tros Y Gareg (Main Theme) - (2:50) - 103 plays
- Tomorrow's World - (1:05) - 107 plays
- Sea Sports - (0:43) - 103 plays