0 Shouts - 162,845 Scrobbles
There are 2 artists with this same name: 1. A British composer who worked in Jazz and Electronic music. 2. An American composer and sound designer best known for the ToeJam & Earl games.Read More...
1. John Baker (1937-1997) was a musician and composer who worked in jazz and electronic music. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Music where he studied piano and composition. In 1960 he joined the BBC as a sound mixer, before transferring, in 1963, to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop where he remained until 1974. He was the most prolific of the early Workshop composers, where he specialised in reverse tape effects. A jazz pianist, he brought a sense of rhythm to the Workshop which some of the other more mathematical composers lacked. His work included many signature tunes for BBC television, the soundtrack for the video game Toejam and Earl, and radio. He was also particularly interested in combining recorded electronic music with live musicians.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Christmas Commercial - 6,417 plays
- Radio Nottingham - 5,310 plays
- Boys and Girls - 4,341 plays
- New Worlds - 4,423 plays
- Milky Way - 4,032 plays
- The Missing Jewel - 3,915 plays
- Sea Sports - 3,993 plays
- Tomorrow's World - 4,108 plays
- The Frogs Wooing - 3,929 plays
- The Chase - 3,784 plays