20 Shouts - 139,008 Scrobbles
John Baker (1937-1997) was a musician and composer who worked in jazz and electronic music. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Music where he studied piano and composition. In 1960 he joined the BBC as a sound mixer, before transferring, in 1963, to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop where he remained until 1974. He was the most prolific of the early Workshop composers, where he specialised in reverse tape effects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Chase - (1:38) - 204 plays
- Radio Nottingham - (1:18) - 217 plays
- Boys and Girls - (0:56) - 165 plays
- Milky Way - (1:37) - 168 plays
- Tomorrow's World - (1:05) - 165 plays
- The Missing Jewel - (0:58) - 163 plays
- Christmas Commercial - (0:43) - 153 plays
- Tros Y Gareg (Main Theme) - (2:50) - 165 plays
- Quiz Time - (0:54) - 149 plays
- Sea Sports - (0:43) - 148 plays