20 Shouts - 149,890 Scrobbles
John Baker (1937-1997) was a musician and composer who worked in jazz and electronic music. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Music where he studied piano and composition. In 1960 he joined the BBC as a sound mixer, before transferring, in 1963, to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop where he remained until 1974. He was the most prolific of the early Workshop composers, where he specialised in reverse tape effects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Radio Nottingham - (1:18) - 228 plays
- New Worlds - (0:40) - 153 plays
- Boys and Girls - (0:56) - 160 plays
- Structures - (2:57) - 133 plays
- Milky Way - (1:37) - 150 plays
- The Missing Jewel - (0:58) - 142 plays
- The Chase - (1:38) - 131 plays
- Christmas Commercial - (0:43) - 135 plays
- The Frogs Wooing - (0:35) - 140 plays
- Tros Y Gareg (Main Theme) - (2:50) - 109 plays