20 Shouts - 150,517 Scrobbles
John Baker (1937-1997) was a musician and composer who worked in jazz and electronic music. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Music where he studied piano and composition. In 1960 he joined the BBC as a sound mixer, before transferring, in 1963, to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop where he remained until 1974. He was the most prolific of the early Workshop composers, where he specialised in reverse tape effects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Radio Nottingham - (1:18) - 221 plays
- Christmas Commercial - (0:43) - 222 plays
- New Worlds - (0:40) - 143 plays
- Boys and Girls - (0:56) - 182 plays
- Milky Way - (1:37) - 148 plays
- The Frogs Wooing - (0:35) - 141 plays
- The Chase - (1:38) - 129 plays
- Structures - (2:57) - 121 plays
- The Missing Jewel - (0:58) - 134 plays
- Tros Y Gareg (Main Theme) - (2:50) - 110 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online