19 Shouts - 131,877 Scrobbles
John Baker (1937-1997) was a musician and composer who worked in jazz and electronic music. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Music where he studied piano and composition. In 1960 he joined the BBC as a sound mixer, before transferring, in 1963, to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop where he remained until 1974. He was the most prolific of the early Workshop composers, where he specialised in reverse tape effects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tros Y Gareg (Main Theme) - (2:50) - 250 plays
- Christmas Commercial - (0:43) - 190 plays
- Radio Nottingham - (1:18) - 183 plays
- Boys and Girls - (0:56) - 150 plays
- Sea Sports - (0:43) - 140 plays
- The Missing Jewel - (0:58) - 130 plays
- Tomorrow's World - (1:05) - 131 plays
- New Worlds - (0:40) - 130 plays
- Factors - (0:30) - 119 plays
- Milky Way - (1:37) - 123 plays