20 Shouts - 145,608 Scrobbles
John Baker (1937-1997) was a musician and composer who worked in jazz and electronic music. He was educated at the Royal Academy of Music where he studied piano and composition. In 1960 he joined the BBC as a sound mixer, before transferring, in 1963, to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop where he remained until 1974. He was the most prolific of the early Workshop composers, where he specialised in reverse tape effects.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Radio Nottingham - (1:18) - 252 plays
- New Worlds - (0:40) - 189 plays
- Structures - (2:57) - 177 plays
- Milky Way - (1:37) - 184 plays
- Boys and Girls - (0:56) - 198 plays
- Christmas Commercial - (0:43) - 174 plays
- The Chase - (1:38) - 161 plays
- Tomorrow's World - (1:05) - 179 plays
- The Missing Jewel - (0:58) - 157 plays
- The Frogs Wooing - (0:35) - 157 plays