Johann Nepomuk Hummel
14 Shouts - 221,918 Scrobbles
Johann Nepomuk Hummel or Jan Nepomuk Hummel (14 November 1778 – 17 October 1837) was a composer and virtuoso pianist of Austrian origin who was born in Bratislava (present-day Slovakia). His music reflects the transition from the Classical to the Romantic musical era. Hummel was born in Pressburg (also known as Pozsony, in what was then Hungary but is now Bratislava), Slovakia. His father, Josef Hummel, was the director of the Imperial School of Military Music and the conductor of the Theater Orchestra.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Rondo - (4:47) - 919 plays
- Allegro moderato - (11:18) - 817 plays
- Piano Quartet in G Major, Op. Posth 4, WoO 6: I. Andante cantabile - (5:51) - 195 plays
- Quintet for Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass in E-Flat Minor, Op. 87: III. Largo - (2:50) - 185 plays
- III. Finale: Presto - Ancor piu presto - (4:58) - 157 plays
- Larghetto - (4:51) - 159 plays
- Sonata for in A Major for Cello and Piano, Op. 104: II. Romanza: Un poco adagio e con espressione - (5:49) - 108 plays
- Rondo - Allegro moderato - (12:31) - 137 plays
- I. Caprice - (3:19) - 101 plays
- Piano Concerto No. 2 in A Minor, Op. 85: I. Allegro moderato - (15:31) - 121 plays