22 Shouts - 2,358,747 Scrobbles
Joe Nichols of Rogers, Arkansas, a young country music singer who rose to prominence in 2002 with The Impossible He only had minor hits before then.
According to the The Impossible Songfacts, the Kelley Lovelace and Lee Thomas Miller penned mid-tempo ballad was released in March 2002 as the first single from his second album, Man With A Memory . It became his first hit, peaking at #3 on the Billboard Country chart and #29 on the Hot 100. Nichols recalled to The Boot in a 2011 interview: "'The Impossible' was huge for me for a number of different reasons.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShe said, I'm going out with my girlfriends
For margaritas at the Holiday Inn
Oh have mercy my only thought
Was tequila makes her clothes fall off
I told her put an extra layer on
- LyricsA yellow two piece, black Ray Bans
Your bare feet, covered in sand
White jet trails across the blue sky
Your pony tail showing off the sunshine
Like a post card, out of no where
- Gimmie That Girl - (3:05) - 14,833 plays
- LyricsHe wore that cowboy hat to cover up his horns
Sweet-talkin' forked tongue had a temptin' charm
Before I turned around, that girl was gone
All I can say is, "Bartender, pour me somethin' strong"
Here's to the past, they can kiss my glass
- LyricsMy dad chased monsters from the dark
He checked underneath my bed
He could lift me with one arm way up over top his head
He could loosen rusty bolts with a quick turn of his wrench
He pulled splinters from his hand
- I'll Wait For You - (4:07) - 3,058 plays
- What's A Guy Gotta Do - (2:22) - 2,610 plays
- Size Matters (Someday) - (2:51) - 2,883 plays
- She Only Smokes When She Drinks - (3:22) - 2,234 plays
- Take It Off - Single Version - (3:19) - 2,209 plays