0 Shouts - 24,384 Scrobbles
Joe Liggins (July 9, 1915 - July 26, 1987) was a notable jazz, blues, and mostly R&B pianist, who played with the band Joe Liggins and the Honeydrippers in the 1940s and 1950s, as their frontman. His band was often a staple on the R&B chart in those years, with their biggest hit being "The Honeydripper", released in 1945. That single topped the, then called race chart, for 18 weeks. More than 60 years later, "The Honeydripper" remains tied with Louis Jordan's "Choo Choo Ch'Boogie" for the longest-ever stay at the top of that chart. It logged a reported two million.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pink Champagne - (3:01) - 523 plays
- The Honeydripper - (3:08) - 325 plays
- The Honey Dripper - (3:05) - 98 plays
- Honeydripper Pt.1 - (3:05) - 100 plays
- Going Back To New Orleans - (2:50) - 99 plays
- Dripper's Boogie - (2:33) - 72 plays
- Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! - (2:54) - 81 plays
- Tanya - (3:08) - 67 plays
- Rag Mop - (3:01) - 54 plays
- Little Joe's Boogie - (2:50) - 42 plays