19 Shouts - 115,670 Scrobbles
Joe Higgs (June 3, 1940 – December 18, 1999) was a reggae musician from Jamaica. In the 1960s he was part of the duo Higgs and Wilson together with Roy Wilson. Higgs knew Bob Marley from the early 1960s. In fact, Marley acknowledged later on that he had been an influential figure for him. Most people interested in classical reggae do not recognize his name, however Higgs has been regarded as the "Father of Reggae' by Jimmy Cliff. For a while Higgs toured with Cliff as well as The Wailers when Bunny Wailer refused to go on the tour in mid 1970s while The Wailers were having disputes.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Come On Home - (2:57) - 361 plays
- Upside Down - (3:23) - 187 plays
- There's A Reward - (4:09) - 251 plays
- Hard Times Don't Bother Me - (3:30) - 196 plays
- Wake Up And Live - (2:33) - 161 plays
- Devotion - (4:32) - 247 plays
- Life of Contradiction - (3:27) - 176 plays
- Got To Make A Way - (2:27) - 131 plays
- Who Brought Down The Curtains - (2:52) - 131 plays
- You Hurt My Soul - (2:01) - 116 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online