19 Shouts - 114,882 Scrobbles
Joe Higgs (June 3, 1940 – December 18, 1999) was a reggae musician from Jamaica. In the 1960s he was part of the duo Higgs and Wilson together with Roy Wilson. Higgs knew Bob Marley from the early 1960s. In fact, Marley acknowledged later on that he had been an influential figure for him. Most people interested in classical reggae do not recognize his name, however Higgs has been regarded as the "Father of Reggae' by Jimmy Cliff. For a while Higgs toured with Cliff as well as The Wailers when Bunny Wailer refused to go on the tour in mid 1970s while The Wailers were having disputes.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Come On Home - (2:57) - 329 plays
- Upside Down - (3:23) - 203 plays
- There's A Reward - (4:09) - 246 plays
- Hard Times Don't Bother Me - (3:30) - 185 plays
- Devotion - (4:32) - 276 plays
- Life of Contradiction - (3:27) - 169 plays
- Wake Up And Live - (2:33) - 143 plays
- The World Is Upside Down - (2:53) - 173 plays
- Got To Make A Way - (2:27) - 122 plays
- You Hurt My Soul - (2:01) - 106 plays