19 Shouts - 114,217 Scrobbles
Joe Higgs (June 3, 1940 – December 18, 1999) was a reggae musician from Jamaica. In the 1960s he was part of the duo Higgs and Wilson together with Roy Wilson. Higgs knew Bob Marley from the early 1960s. In fact, Marley acknowledged later on that he had been an influential figure for him. Most people interested in classical reggae do not recognize his name, however Higgs has been regarded as the "Father of Reggae' by Jimmy Cliff. For a while Higgs toured with Cliff as well as The Wailers when Bunny Wailer refused to go on the tour in mid 1970s while The Wailers were having disputes.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Come On Home - (2:57) - 314 plays
- Upside Down - (3:23) - 224 plays
- There's A Reward - (4:09) - 250 plays
- Hard Times Don't Bother Me - (3:30) - 193 plays
- Life of Contradiction - (3:27) - 172 plays
- Devotion - (4:32) - 310 plays
- Wake Up And Live - (2:33) - 145 plays
- The World Is Upside Down - (2:53) - 191 plays
- Got To Make A Way - (2:27) - 117 plays
- You Hurt My Soul - (2:01) - 101 plays