19 Shouts - 111,501 Scrobbles
Joe Higgs (June 3, 1940 – December 18, 1999) was a reggae musician from Jamaica. In the 1960s he was part of the duo Higgs and Wilson together with Roy Wilson. Higgs knew Bob Marley from the early 1960s. In fact, Marley acknowledged later on that he had been an influential figure for him. Most people interested in classical reggae do not recognize his name, however Higgs has been regarded as the "Father of Reggae' by Jimmy Cliff. For a while Higgs toured with Cliff as well as The Wailers when Bunny Wailer refused to go on the tour in mid 1970s while The Wailers were having disputes.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Come On Home - (2:57) - 280 plays
- There's A Reward - (4:09) - 281 plays
- Upside Down - (3:23) - 210 plays
- Life of Contradiction - (3:27) - 197 plays
- Devotion - (4:32) - 256 plays
- Wake Up And Live - (2:33) - 155 plays
- Hard Times Don't Bother Me - (3:30) - 188 plays
- The World Is Upside Down - (2:53) - 182 plays
- Sons Of Garvey - (2:38) - 128 plays
- (I'm The) Song My Enemies Sing - (2:54) - 182 plays