538 Shouts - 10,841,603 Scrobbles
John Robert "Joe" Cocker OBE (20 May 1944 – 22 December 2014) was an English rock/blues singer who came to popularity in the 1960s, most known for his gritty voice and his cover versions of popular songs, particularly those of The Beatles. Joe Cocker was the youngest son of a civil servant. From 1961 Cocker was by day an apprentice gas fitter and by night, in dark suit and bow tie, he became Vance Arnold singing with The Avengers in rough Sheffield pubs. The set included songs by mentor Ray Charles "What'd I Say" and "Georgia on My Mind.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhat would you do if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
I will try not to sing out of key
Oh baby I get by
- LyricsYou are so beautiful
You are so beautiful
Can't you see
- LyricsBaby take off your coat
Take off your shoes
I'll take off your shoes
Baby, take off your dress
- LyricsUnchain my heart baby let me be
Cause you don't care please set me free
Unchain my heart
Baby let me go
Unchain my heart
- LyricsSeems I've got to have a change of scene
Every night I have the strangest dreams
Imprisoned by the way it could have been
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
- Up Where We Belong - (3:54) - 21,939 plays
- Come Together - (4:23) - 10,349 plays
- Summer in the City - (3:52) - 11,617 plays
- Delta Lady - (2:51) - 9,931 plays
- She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - (2:37) - 8,487 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online