325 Shouts - 9,815,695 Scrobbles
Joe Cocker OBE (born 20 May 1944 - Sheffield, England) is an English rock/blues singer who came to popularity in the 1960s, most known for his gritty voice and his cover versions of popular songs, particularly those of The Beatles. Joe Cocker is the youngest son of a civil servant. In 1961 Joe by day, worked as an apprentice gas fitter and by night, in dark suit and bow tie, became Vance Arnold singing with The Avengers in rough Sheffield pubs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhat would you do if I sang out of tune?
Would you stand up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
- You Are So Beautiful - (2:43) - 36,435 plays
- You Can Leave Your Hat On - (3:44) - 28,959 plays
- Unchain My Heart - (5:35) - 22,024 plays
- LyricsSeems I've got to have a change of scene
Every night I have the strangest dreams
Imprisoned by the way it could have been
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
- Come Together - (4:23) - 10,549 plays
- Summer In The City - (3:52) - 10,398 plays
- Delta Lady - (2:51) - 7,352 plays
- Woman To Woman - (4:29) - 7,134 plays
- She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - (2:37) - 6,178 plays