18 Shouts - 371,026 Scrobbles
No recording artist has more impeccable street credentials than Joe Bataan, the originator of the New York Latin Soul style that paralleled Latin boogaloo and anticipated disco. His musical experience began with street corner doo-wop in the 1950s, and came to include one of the first rap records to hit the charts, 1979's "Rap-O, Clap-O". In between these milestones, he recorded classic albums like St.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Subway Joe - (2:59) - 1,150 plays
- Call My Name - (4:42) - 974 plays
- Chevere Que Chevere - (4:16) - 614 plays
- Chick-A-Boom - (3:45) - 764 plays
- Keep the Change - (3:18) - 525 plays
- I'm Satisfied - (3:35) - 414 plays
- Latin Strut - (4:02) - 514 plays
- Ordinary Guy - (4:49) - 404 plays
- Aftershower Funk - (5:10) - 314 plays
- Shaft - (4:42) - 286 plays