16 Shouts - 320,653 Scrobbles
No recording artist has more impeccable street credentials than Joe Bataan, the originator of the New York Latin Soul style that paralleled Latin boogaloo and anticipated disco. His musical experience began with street corner doo-wop in the 1950s, and came to include one of the first rap records to hit the charts, 1979's "Rap-O, Clap-O". In between these milestones, he recorded classic albums like St.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Call My Name - (4:42) - 1,113 plays
- Subway Joe - (2:59) - 1,152 plays
- Chick-A-Boom - (3:45) - 877 plays
- Keep the Change - (3:18) - 627 plays
- Ordinary Guy - (4:49) - 572 plays
- Latin Strut - (4:02) - 546 plays
- Young Gifted and Brown - (2:29) - 530 plays
- Ernestine - (5:11) - 422 plays
- I'm Satisfied - (3:35) - 348 plays
- Shaft - (4:42) - 367 plays