16 Shouts - 300,713 Scrobbles
No recording artist has more impeccable street credentials than Joe Bataan, the originator of the New York Latin Soul style that paralleled Latin boogaloo and anticipated disco. His musical experience began with street corner doo-wop in the 1950s, and came to include one of the first rap records to hit the charts, 1979's "Rap-O, Clap-O". In between these milestones, he recorded classic albums like St.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Subway Joe - (2:59) - 1,296 plays
- Call My Name - (4:42) - 1,114 plays
- Chick-A-Boom - (3:45) - 989 plays
- Keep the Change - (3:18) - 820 plays
- Ernestine - (5:10) - 721 plays
- Latin Strut - (4:05) - 610 plays
- Ordinary Guy - (2:52) - 681 plays
- Shaft - (4:42) - 471 plays
- Young Gifted and Brown - (2:29) - 575 plays
- Mambo De Bataan - (4:45) - 294 plays