16 Shouts - 334,211 Scrobbles
No recording artist has more impeccable street credentials than Joe Bataan, the originator of the New York Latin Soul style that paralleled Latin boogaloo and anticipated disco. His musical experience began with street corner doo-wop in the 1950s, and came to include one of the first rap records to hit the charts, 1979's "Rap-O, Clap-O". In between these milestones, he recorded classic albums like St.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Subway Joe - (2:59) - 1,261 plays
- Call My Name - (4:42) - 1,202 plays
- Chick-A-Boom - (3:45) - 966 plays
- Keep the Change - (3:18) - 512 plays
- Ordinary Guy - (4:49) - 622 plays
- Latin Strut - (4:02) - 553 plays
- Chevere Que Chevere - (4:16) - 403 plays
- Ernestine - (5:11) - 351 plays
- Young Gifted and Brown - (2:29) - 475 plays
- Shaft - (4:42) - 349 plays