Job for a Cowboy
0 Shouts - 7,948,925 Scrobbles
Job for a Cowboy is an American death metal/deathcore band from Glendale, Arizona. Formed in 2003, the band's debut album Genesis was released in 2007, peaking at No. 54 on the US Billboard 200 and selling 13,000 copies in its first week of release. The second album, 2009's Ruination, sold 10,600 copies in the United States in its first week to debut at position No. 42 on the Billboard 200 chart. The band comprises vocalist Jonny Davy, guitarists Tony Sannicandro and Al Glassman, bassist Nick Schendzielos, and drummer Jon "The Charn" Rice, with Davy being the only remaining founding member.Read More...
The band has played in international music festivals, including Download Festival, Mayhem Festival and Wacken Open Air.
Job for a Cowboy started as a deathcore group, and evolved into a predominantly death metal sound with their full-length debut Genesis. They have been described by The New York Times as "an Arizona band with a guttural, brute-force sound descended (indirectly) from hardcore punk" and "straightforwardly brutal act" by Rolling Stone magazine.
At the beginning of 2011, the band started work on an EP which was recorded in February at the Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof. Just before the recording process began, bassist Brent Riggs and guitarist Bobby Thompson departed from the band and were replaced by Nick Schendzielos of Cephalic Carnage and Tony Sannicandro, respectively. On April 13, 2011, a video appeared on the internet of drummer Jon Rice performing a new song in the studio. Job for a Cowboy issued their new EP on June 7, 2011, entitled Gloom, which was only made available for purchase through mail order and digital download.
On February 21, 2012, Job for a Cowboy released their first single from their new album Demonocracy, titled “Nourishment Through Bloodshed”. It was released via Metal Blade Records' YouTube channel. On March 20, Job for a Cowboy premiered the song "Black Discharge”" and on April 2, the song "Imperium Wolves”". Demonocracy is set to be released on April 10, 2012.
Jonny Davy – lead vocals (2003–present)
Jon "The Charn" Rice – drums (2007–present)
Al Glassman – guitar (2008–present)
Tony Sannicandro – guitar, backing vocals (2011–present)
Nick Schendzielos – bass guitar (2011–present)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsBreathes, bleeds
What stands before us is not a machine.
It breathes, it will bleed, and it dreams.
Its body is covered,
In hundreds of wires.
- LyricsHis landscape
has been scorned with death.
Once a city, now laid to ash.
A decaying father
has left his bastard son
- Reduced To Mere Filth - 308,455 plays
- LyricsAn incision leads to the future of the new world
A mark buried deep under the skin and flesh
Will divide and distinguish man
Signatures implanted on the hands and forehead
Re occurrence of modern times and scriptures
- LyricsHer mouth stands to convey swarms of plague, time slowly corrodes as her jaws have locked into place. At the grips of her own hands this woman carries her victims to their passing, they hold back tight. For when this woman arches back her skin sheds from her bare limbs, her own flesh begins to pile at her own feet. This disease continues to dialate as it imerses through the air, she can no longer hide what she is. Contamination grows in the town where she lays and sleeps, she can no longer hide what she is. Her people before her beg only for forgiveness as their flesh begins to
Peel from their bodies, their flesh pile at their own feet.
- Altered From Catechization - 272,698 plays
- Suspended by the Throat - 311,624 plays
- Strings of Hypocrisy - 247,110 plays
- The Rising Tide - 297,871 plays
- Martyrdom Unsealed - 234,142 plays