20 Shouts - 139,254 Scrobbles
Dame Joan Alston Sutherland, OM, AC, DBE (born 7 November 1926, died 10 October 2010) was an Australian dramatic coloratura soprano noted for her contribution to the renaissance of bel canto repertoire commencing in the 1950s. One of the most remarkable female opera singers of the 20th century, she was dubbed La Stupenda by a La Fenice audience in 1960 after a performance of Handel's "Alcina".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- La traviata, Act 1: Libiamo, ne' lieti calici (Brindisi) - (3:16) - 1,026 plays
- Rigoletto, Act 3: Un dì, si ben rammentomi... Bella figlia dell'amore (Quartet) - (5:38) - 419 plays
- Norma, Act 1: Casta diva (Cavatina) - (6:17) - 328 plays
- Les contes d'Hoffmann (The Tales of Hoffmann), Act 2: Belle nuit, ô nuit d'amour (Barcarolle) - (3:59) - 280 plays
- I puritani (The Puritans), Act 1: A te, o cara - (5:52) - 236 plays
- Rossini: Semiramide: Alle piu calde immagini - (3:50) - 192 plays
- Handel: Alcina: Mi restano le lagrime - (5:07) - 148 plays
- Joy To The World - (1:53) - 155 plays
- Handel: Alcina: Di cor io, quanto t'amai - (5:56) - 164 plays
- Rossini: Semiramide: Se la vita - (3:50) - 169 plays