0 Shouts - 73,711 Scrobbles
Ayten Kalan or better known as Joan Franka (born April 2, 1990 in Rotterdam) is a Dutch singer of Turkish descent, who will represent the Netherlands at the Eurovision Song Contest 2012, to be held in Baku, Azerbaijan. She became famous in the Netherlands through her participation in the first series of the talent show, The Voice of Holland.Read More...
In September 2010, Joan Franka entered the talent show, The Voice of Holland in its inaugural 2010-2011 season where she auditioned with Nickelback's "How You Remind Me". Two of two judges hit their "I Want You" buttons, judges Roel van Velzen and Jeroen van der Boom. She chose to be on van Velzen's team.
In the Battle round, she was put against Yvette de Bie. They both sang "One of Us" and she was kept to move to the live shows with de Bie being eliminated. In first live show, she sang Jewel's "Foolish Games" and in third live show Marc Cohn's "Walking in Memphis" and in fifth live show Beverley Craven's "Promise Me" when she was eliminated.
Two of the songs she sang during the competition charted as minor hits in the Dutch Singles Chart. "Foolish Games" reached #42 and "Promise Me" #45 based on downloads.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI was five, you were three
We were dancing in the street
And you looked just like an angel.
You looked up a side the sky
Saw the birds and wondered why
- You And Me - Eurovison 2012 - The Netherlands - 5,559 plays
- Foolish Games - 5,378 plays
- You And Me (Eurovison 2012 - The Netherlands) - 4,724 plays
- If You Go Away - 793 plays
- Promise Me - 1,505 plays
- Joan Franka - You and me - 859 plays
- You And Me (ESC 2012 The Netherlands) - 645 plays
- You and me (The Netherlands) - 1,007 plays
- You and Me (Netherlands) - 574 plays