468 Shouts - 5,847,549 Scrobbles
Joan Baez, born on January 9th, 1941, is an American folk singer and a songwriter who is of mixed Mexican and Scottish descent. Baez rose to prominence in the early '60s with her stunning renditions of traditional balladry. In the late '60s and early '70s, Baez came into her songwriting own, penning many songs (most notably "Diamonds & Rust," a nostalgic piece about her ill-fated romance with Bob Dylan, and "Sweet Sir Galahad," a song about sister Mimi Fariña's ( of Richard & Mimi Fariña fame) second marriage, and continued to meld her songcraft with topical issues.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWell I'll be damned
Here comes your ghost again
But that's not unusual
It's just that the moon is full
And you happened to call
- LyricsHere's to you, Nicola and Bart
Rest forever here in our hearts
The last and final moment is yours
That agony is your triumph
Here's to you, Nicola and Bart
- LyricsVirgil Caine is my name and I drove on the Danville train
Till So much Cavalry came and tore up the tracks again
In the winter of '65, we were hungry, just barely alive
I took the train to Richmond that fell
It was a time I remember, oh, so well
- LyricsThere is a house in New Orleans,
they call the rising sun.
It`s been the ruin for many a poor girl, and me, oh Lord, I`m one.
My mother was a tailor, she sewed our new blue jeans,
my father was a gambling man, down in New Orleans.
- LyricsHow many roads must a man walk down
Before they call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
How many times must the cannonballs fly
- Donna Donna - (3:11) - 4,377 plays
- Silver Dagger - (3:52) - 4,009 plays
- Farewell, Angelina - (3:36) - 3,352 plays
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right - (3:11) - 2,570 plays
- East Virginia - (3:38) - 2,166 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online