34 Shouts - 627,861 Scrobbles
João Donato de Oliveira Neto was born on 1934 in Brazil, the son of a military father. Still a teenager, he demonstrated more musical than scholastic ability and so left school in 1949. He lived with fellow musicians, played guitar in the bars of Rio de Janeiro and, of course, talked about music. In the 1950s he visited the Sinatra-Farney Fan Clube, considered by many specialists as the school that created the Bossa Nova. Donato befriended individuals such as João Gilberto, Tom Jobim, Vinícius de Moraes, Johny Alf, and others, although he never recorded with them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Ra - (2:15) - 5,140 plays
- Manha de Carnaval - (3:06) - 2,343 plays
- Jodel - (3:14) - 1,226 plays
- A Rã - (6:47) - 1,184 plays
- Minha saudade - (7:56) - 895 plays
- Bananeira - (2:30) - 842 plays
- Cala Boca Menino - (2:21) - 547 plays
- Amazonas - (2:09) - 610 plays
- Lugar Comum - (3:34) - 446 plays
- Me Deixa - (2:43) - 444 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online