33 Shouts - 594,881 Scrobbles
João Donato de Oliveira Neto was born on 1934 in Brazil, the son of a military father. Still a teenager, he demonstrated more musical than scholastic ability and so left school in 1949. He lived with fellow musicians, played guitar in the bars of Rio de Janeiro and, of course, talked about music. In the 1950s he visited the Sinatra-Farney Fan Clube, considered by many specialists as the school that created the Bossa Nova. Donato befriended individuals such as João Gilberto, Tom Jobim, Vinícius de Moraes, Johny Alf, and others, although he never recorded with them.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Ra - (2:15) - 3,473 plays
- A Rã - (2:32) - 2,481 plays
- Manha de Carnaval - (3:06) - 805 plays
- Bananeira - (4:01) - 1,466 plays
- Jodel - (3:14) - 1,027 plays
- Amazonas - (2:09) - 978 plays
- Cala Boca Menino - (2:21) - 749 plays
- Minha saudade - (7:56) - 612 plays
- Lugar Comum - (3:34) - 569 plays
- Me Deixa - (2:43) - 561 plays