9 Shouts - 327,964 Scrobbles
Jimmy Witherspoon (August 8, 1920 - September 18, 1997) was an American blues singer. James John (Jimmy) Witherspoon, also known by the nickname “Spoon”, was a versatile "blues shouter" who achieved commercial success and critical acclaim in the genres of blues, jazz, and rhythm and blues. His 1947 recording “Ain’t Nobody’s Business” was a hit in 1949 and became his signature song. His date of birth is usually given as August 8, 1923, but some sources give the birth year as 1920, and more than one source gives the birth date as August 18, 1921, attributing the information to his son.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Please Stop Playing These Blues - (2:57) - 1,498 plays
- Ain't Nobody's Business - (7:25) - 752 plays
- When the Lights Go Out - (2:52) - 615 plays
- Bar Fly Blues - (2:34) - 334 plays
- Trouble in Mind - (3:26) - 263 plays
- One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - (3:00) - 393 plays
- No Rollin' Blues - (5:35) - 174 plays
- Money's Gettin' Cheaper - (2:47) - 248 plays
- Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do - (3:01) - 181 plays
- Kansas City - (3:31) - 170 plays