9 Shouts - 273,352 Scrobbles
Jimmy "Spoon" Witherspoon (8 August 1920-18 September 1997) was a blues and rnb singer. Witherspoon was born in Gurdon, Arkansas, his father - a railway worker - sang in local choirs, and his mother played piano. He didn't pursue music professionally until after his stint in the Merchant Marines in World War II. On his return to the Unites States in 1944, he replaced Walter Brown in Jay McShann's band, and performed with Big Joe Turner and T-Bone Walker.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ain't nobody's business - (6:13) - 1,516 plays
- When The Lights Go Out - (2:52) - 1,159 plays
- Trouble In Mind - (3:26) - 742 plays
- No rollin' blues - (5:31) - 449 plays
- Good Rockin' Tonight - (4:12) - 423 plays
- Kansas City - (3:31) - 375 plays
- Roll 'Em Pete - (4:26) - 347 plays
- Big fine girl - (4:56) - 309 plays
- When I Been Drinkin' - (5:37) - 373 plays
- See See Rider - (4:07) - 261 plays