9 Shouts - 319,216 Scrobbles
Jimmy Witherspoon (August 8, 1920 - September 18, 1997) was an American blues singer. James John (Jimmy) Witherspoon, also known by the nickname “Spoon”, was a versatile "blues shouter" who achieved commercial success and critical acclaim in the genres of blues, jazz, and rhythm and blues. His 1947 recording “Ain’t Nobody’s Business” was a hit in 1949 and became his signature song. His date of birth is usually given as August 8, 1923, but some sources give the birth year as 1920, and more than one source gives the birth date as August 18, 1921, attributing the information to his son.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Please Stop Playing These Blues - (2:57) - 1,207 plays
- Ain't Nobody's Business - (7:25) - 961 plays
- When the Lights Go Out - (2:52) - 657 plays
- C C Rider - (5:32) - 262 plays
- Trouble in Mind - (2:22) - 239 plays
- No Rollin' Blues - (5:35) - 229 plays
- One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer - (3:00) - 438 plays
- Kansas City - (3:31) - 187 plays
- Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do - (3:01) - 194 plays
- Money's Gettin' Cheaper - (2:47) - 229 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online