9 Shouts - 313,375 Scrobbles
Jimmy Witherspoon (August 8, 1920 - September 18, 1997) was an American blues singer. James John (Jimmy) Witherspoon, also known by the nickname “Spoon”, was a versatile "blues shouter" who achieved commercial success and critical acclaim in the genres of blues, jazz, and rhythm and blues. His 1947 recording “Ain’t Nobody’s Business” was a hit in 1949 and became his signature song. His date of birth is usually given as August 8, 1923, but some sources give the birth year as 1920, and more than one source gives the birth date as August 18, 1921, attributing the information to his son.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Please Stop Playing These Blues - (2:57) - 1,726 plays
- Ain't Nobody's Business - (7:25) - 1,079 plays
- When the Lights Go Out - (2:52) - 699 plays
- No Rollin' Blues - (5:35) - 250 plays
- C C Rider - (5:32) - 242 plays
- Trouble in Mind - (2:22) - 254 plays
- Kansas City - (3:31) - 219 plays
- Money's Gettin' Cheaper - (2:47) - 198 plays
- Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do - (3:01) - 191 plays
- Big Fine Girl - (4:52) - 165 plays