0 Shouts - 21,701 Scrobbles
Jimmy Lee Swaggart (born March 15, 1935 in Ferriday, Louisiana) is a Pentecostal preacher and pioneer of televangelism who reached the height of his popularity in the 1980s. During the 1970s, Swaggart established a ministry under the Assemblies of God. Swaggart also is the cousin of recording artists Jerry Lee Lewis and Mickey Gilley. The sons of three sisters, all of them share the same middle name and play the piano. In 1952 he married Frances Anderson, and he has one son, Donnie Swaggart, also a minister. A young Swaggart was portrayed in the Jerry Lee Lewis biopic "Great Balls of Fire!" by Dennis Quaid.Read More...
Jimmy Swaggart is currently leader of the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries, located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana,USA. He appears weekly in the Jimmy Swaggart Telecast, and also participates in a daily radio program, A Study in the Word, which is broadcast on SonLife Radio.
Swaggart is the author of many works including an autobiography and an account of the 1988 scandal. He has also recorded several dozen gospel albums.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Meeting In The Air - 147 plays
- There is a River - 230 plays
- Let Your Living Water Flow - 236 plays
- Blessed Assurance - 156 plays
- He Was There All The Time - 143 plays
- Unworthy Of The Blood - 158 plays
- He Grew The Tree - 141 plays
- Holy Ground - 175 plays
- My God Is Real - 113 plays
- Jesus on the Mainline - 77 plays