7 Shouts - 85,228 Scrobbles
James Andrew (Jimmy) Rushing (August 26, 1901 - June 8, 1972) was an American blues shouter from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He joined Walter Page's Blue Devils in 1927, then joined Bennie Moten's band in 1929. He stayed with the successor Count Basie band when Moten died in 1935. When the Basie band broke up in 1950 he briefly retired, then formed his own group. His build earned him a nickname and a signature song, "Mr. Five by Five" ("he's five feet tall and he's five feet wide").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Melancholy Baby - (4:01) - 483 plays
- All By Myself - (2:35) - 432 plays
- Berkeley Campus Blues - (3:02) - 357 plays
- Exactly Like You - (2:48) - 480 plays
- Pennies from Heaven - (5:27) - 281 plays
- Evenin' - (7:29) - 201 plays
- Boogie Woogie - (3:40) - 205 plays
- Blues In The Dark - (3:41) - 213 plays
- Every Day I Have The Blues - (2:48) - 153 plays
- See See Rider - (5:12) - 126 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online