7 Shouts - 83,754 Scrobbles
James Andrew (Jimmy) Rushing (August 26, 1901 - June 8, 1972) was an American blues shouter from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He joined Walter Page's Blue Devils in 1927, then joined Bennie Moten's band in 1929. He stayed with the successor Count Basie band when Moten died in 1935. When the Basie band broke up in 1950 he briefly retired, then formed his own group. His build earned him a nickname and a signature song, "Mr. Five by Five" ("he's five feet tall and he's five feet wide").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Melancholy Baby - (4:01) - 472 plays
- All By Myself - (2:35) - 411 plays
- Berkeley Campus Blues - (3:02) - 307 plays
- Exactly Like You - (2:48) - 464 plays
- Pennies from Heaven - (5:27) - 269 plays
- Evenin' - (7:29) - 192 plays
- Boogie Woogie - (3:40) - 213 plays
- Blues In The Dark - (3:41) - 193 plays
- Every Day I Have The Blues - (2:48) - 128 plays
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - (2:11) - 127 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online