7 Shouts - 81,917 Scrobbles
James Andrew (Jimmy) Rushing (August 26, 1901 - June 8, 1972) was an American blues shouter from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He joined Walter Page's Blue Devils in 1927, then joined Bennie Moten's band in 1929. He stayed with the successor Count Basie band when Moten died in 1935. When the Basie band broke up in 1950 he briefly retired, then formed his own group. His build earned him a nickname and a signature song, "Mr. Five by Five" ("he's five feet tall and he's five feet wide").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- My Melancholy Baby - (4:01) - 479 plays
- All By Myself - (2:35) - 427 plays
- Exactly Like You - (2:48) - 437 plays
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - (2:11) - 288 plays
- Berkeley Campus Blues - (3:02) - 261 plays
- Pennies from Heaven - (5:27) - 291 plays
- Evenin' - (7:29) - 204 plays
- Boogie Woogie - (3:40) - 212 plays
- Blues In The Dark - (3:41) - 187 plays
- Every Day I Have The Blues - (2:48) - 117 plays