7 Shouts - 77,357 Scrobbles
James Andrew (Jimmy) Rushing (August 26, 1901 - June 8, 1972) was an American blues shouter from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. He joined Walter Page's Blue Devils in 1927, then joined Bennie Moten's band in 1929. He stayed with the successor Count Basie band when Moten died in 1935. When the Basie band broke up in 1950 he briefly retired, then formed his own group. His build earned him a nickname and a signature song, "Mr. Five by Five" ("he's five feet tall and he's five feet wide").
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- There'll Be Some Changes Made - (2:11) - 922 plays
- My Melancholy Baby - (4:01) - 520 plays
- All By Myself - (2:35) - 458 plays
- Evenin' - (7:29) - 421 plays
- Exactly Like You - (2:48) - 432 plays
- Berkeley Campus Blues - (3:02) - 233 plays
- Pennies from Heaven - (5:27) - 278 plays
- Boogie Woogie - (3:40) - 187 plays
- Blues In The Dark - (3:41) - 163 plays
- See See Rider - (5:12) - 121 plays