34 Shouts - 1,039,287 Scrobbles
Mathis James "Jimmy" Reed (September 6, 1925 – August 29, 1976) was an American blues singer, guitarist, harmonica player and songwriter, notable for bringing his distinctive style of blues to mainstream audiences. Reed was a major player in the field of electric blues. His lazy, slack-jawed singing, piercing harmonica and hypnotic guitar patterns were one of the blues' most easily identifiable sounds in the 1950s and 1960s, and had a significant impact on many rock and roll artists who followed, such as Elvis Presley, Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) and the Rolling Stones.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsGot me runnin'
Got me hidin'
Got me run hide hide runnin'
Anyway you want to let it roll
Yeah, yeah, yeah
- Big Boss Man - (2:47) - 6,162 plays
- Bright Lights, Big City - (2:41) - 3,609 plays
- Honest I Do - (2:37) - 3,164 plays
- Take out Some Insurance - (2:22) - 2,196 plays
- You Got Me Dizzy - (2:49) - 1,774 plays
- Shame, Shame, Shame - (2:53) - 1,702 plays
- I Ain't Got You - (2:22) - 1,584 plays
- You Don'T Have To Go - (3:07) - 1,449 plays
- Found Love - (2:21) - 886 plays