34 Shouts - 1,029,167 Scrobbles
Mathis James "Jimmy" Reed (September 6, 1925 – August 29, 1976) was an American blues singer, guitarist, harmonica player and songwriter, notable for bringing his distinctive style of blues to mainstream audiences. Reed was a major player in the field of electric blues. His lazy, slack-jawed singing, piercing harmonica and hypnotic guitar patterns were one of the blues' most easily identifiable sounds in the 1950s and 1960s, and had a significant impact on many rock and roll artists who followed, such as Elvis Presley, Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top) and the Rolling Stones.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Baby What You Want Me to Do - (2:26) - 7,750 plays
- Big Boss Man - (2:47) - 6,058 plays
- Bright Lights, Big City - (2:41) - 3,688 plays
- LyricsDon't cha know that I love you?
Honest I do
I'd never placed, no one above you
Please tell me you love me
Stop drivin' me mad
- LyricsIf you leave me, baby, say you won't be back
That would be the end of me, 'cause I'd have a heart attack
You better get some insurance on me, baby, take out some insurance on me, baby
'Cause if you ever, ever say goodbye, I'm gonna haul right off and die
Darlin', how I love you, long as I got breath
- You Got Me Dizzy - (2:49) - 1,862 plays
- Shame, Shame, Shame - (2:53) - 1,745 plays
- I Ain't Got You - (2:22) - 1,602 plays
- You Don'T Have To Go - (3:07) - 1,485 plays
- Found Love - (2:21) - 926 plays