2 Shouts - 66,925 Scrobbles
Jimmy Raney (20 August 1927–10 May 1995) was an American jazz guitarist born in Louisville, Kentucky most notable for his work from 1951–1952 and 1962-1963 with Stan Getz and for his work from 1953–1954 with the Red Norvo trio, replacing Tal Farlow. In 1954 and 1955 he won the Down Beat critics poll for guitar. Raney worked in a variety of jazz mediums, including cool jazz, bebop, post bop, hard bop and mainstream jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Too Late Now - (4:17) - 344 plays
- Nobody Else But Me - (4:58) - 285 plays
- Isn't It Romantic - (4:08) - 260 plays
- Someone to Watch Over Me - (3:13) - 271 plays
- Body and Soul - (3:35) - 194 plays
- No Male For Me - (4:22) - 216 plays
- Get Off That Roof - (4:10) - 211 plays
- Isn't It Romantic? - (4:08) - 174 plays
- Indian Summer - (4:28) - 150 plays
- How Long Has This Been Going On? - (4:33) - 112 plays