2 Shouts - 80,707 Scrobbles
Jimmy Raney (20 August 1927–10 May 1995) was an American jazz guitarist born in Louisville, Kentucky most notable for his work from 1951–1952 and 1962-1963 with Stan Getz and for his work from 1953–1954 with the Red Norvo trio, replacing Tal Farlow. In 1954 and 1955 he won the Down Beat critics poll for guitar. Raney worked in a variety of jazz mediums, including cool jazz, bebop, post bop, hard bop and mainstream jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Too Late Now - (4:20) - 562 plays
- LyricsEvery time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven
Don't you know each cloud contains pennies from heaven?
You'll find your fortune's fallin' all over the town
Be sure that your umbrella is upside down
Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers
- Someone to Watch Over Me - (3:12) - 186 plays
- Stella by Starlight - (4:29) - 210 plays
- Isn't It Romantic? - (4:08) - 128 plays
- Yesterdays - (3:01) - 170 plays
- How Long Has This Been Going On - (4:31) - 182 plays
- Isn't it Romantic - (4:08) - 161 plays
- Minor - (4:32) - 132 plays
- Nobody Else But Me - (4:58) - 168 plays