2 Shouts - 85,168 Scrobbles
Jimmy Raney (20 August 1927–10 May 1995) was an American jazz guitarist born in Louisville, Kentucky most notable for his work from 1951–1952 and 1962-1963 with Stan Getz and for his work from 1953–1954 with the Red Norvo trio, replacing Tal Farlow. In 1954 and 1955 he won the Down Beat critics poll for guitar. Raney worked in a variety of jazz mediums, including cool jazz, bebop, post bop, hard bop and mainstream jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Too Late Now - (4:20) - 756 plays
- LyricsEvery time it rains, it rains pennies from heaven
Don't you know each cloud contains pennies from heaven?
You'll find your fortune's fallin' all over the town
Be sure that your umbrella is upside down
Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers
- LyricsThere's a saying old says that love is blind
Still were often told, seek and ye shall find
So I'm going to seek a certain lad I've had in mind
Looking everywhere, haven't found him yet
Hes the big affair I cannot forget
- Isn't It Romantic? - (4:08) - 156 plays
- Isn't it Romantic - (4:08) - 171 plays
- Minor - (4:32) - 146 plays
- Stella By Starlight - (4:29) - 251 plays
- How Long Has This Been Going On - (4:31) - 153 plays
- Get Off That Roof - (4:10) - 134 plays
- Yesterdays - (3:01) - 141 plays