Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
0 Shouts - 53,119 Scrobbles
James "Jimmy" Dorsey (February 29, 1904 – June 12, 1957) was a prominent American jazz clarinetist, saxophonist, trumpeter, composer, and big band leader. He was known as "JD". He composed the jazz and pop standards "I'm Glad There Is You (In This World of Ordinary People)" and "It's The Dreamer In Me". During his early days as a musician, Jimmy Dorsey performed with various other ensembles and artists including the Scranton Sirens, The California Ramblers, Red Nichols, Jean Goldkette, Ben Pollack, and Paul Whiteman.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Amapola - (3:25) - 184 plays
- Contrasts - (3:03) - 216 plays
- Tangerine - (3:09) - 135 plays
- The Breeze and I - (2:58) - 88 plays
- Green Eyes - (3:22) - 60 plays
- Maria Elena - (3:19) - 49 plays
- Moonlight On The Ganges - (2:17) - 33 plays
- Stompin' at the Savoy - (3:11) - 63 plays
- King Porter Stomp - (2:52) - 31 plays
- Begin The Beguine - (2:47) - 30 plays