1 Shouts - 12,343 Scrobbles
In a career spanning nearly six decades, drummer Jimmy Cobb has proven to be a master of every musical situation. One of jazz’s definitive accompanists, Cobb made his name in support of such giants as Dinah Washington, Cannonball Adderley, Miles Davis, Wes Montgomery and Sarah Vaughan, and on literally hundreds of studio sessions. As the drummer on Davis’ legendary album Kind of Blue, Cobb may be the most frequently heard (if not the best known) drummer in jazz history; and as part of the legendary Davis rhythm section with pianist Wynton Kelly and bassist Paul Chambers...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Eleanor (Sister Cobb) - (6:11) - 401 plays
- Can You Read My Mind - (7:32) - 139 plays
- Mr. Lucky - (6:31) - 61 plays
- Tell Me - (5:16) - 68 plays
- Someday My Prince Will Come - Live - (2:55) - 16 plays
- No Blues - Live - (10:39) - 12 plays
- Delilah - (8:05) - 13 plays
- Oleo - Live - (7:20) - 11 plays
- Ma Turk - (6:15) - 14 plays
- Composition 101 - (6:46) - 8 plays