Jimmie Dale Gilmore
13 Shouts - 155,637 Scrobbles
Gilmore is a native of the Texas Panhandle, having been born in Amarillo, Texas and raised in Lubbock, Texas. His earliest musical influence was Hank Williams and the honky tonk brand of country music that his father played. In the 1950s, he was exposed to the emerging rock and roll of other Texans such as Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash and Lubbock native Buddy Holly. He was profoundly influenced in the 1960s by the likes of The Beatles and Bob Dylan and the folk music and blues revival in that decade.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Train of Love - (3:35) - 762 plays
- LyricsThese are the words
That cry out of me in the night
Like a buffalo herd
From a shotgun blast scattered in flight
I got a one track mind
- LyricsDid you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?
Well Dallas is a jewel, oh yeah, Dallas is a beautiful sight.
And Dallas is a jungle but Dallas gives a beautiful light.
Did you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?
Well, Dallas is a woman who will walk on you when you're down.
- LyricsOh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear
And he shows them pearly white
Just a jackknife has Macheath, dear
And he keeps it out of sight
When the shark bites through his victim
- Tonight I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown - (2:54) - 388 plays
- I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive - (2:59) - 298 plays
- Saginaw, Michigan - (3:16) - 310 plays
- I'm Movin' On - (3:01) - 299 plays
- Pick Me Up on Your Way Down - (2:58) - 258 plays
- Another Colorado - (3:28) - 256 plays