Jimmie Dale Gilmore
14 Shouts - 170,707 Scrobbles
Gilmore is a native of the Texas Panhandle, having been born in Amarillo, Texas and raised in Lubbock, Texas. His earliest musical influence was Hank Williams and the honky tonk brand of country music that his father played. In the 1950s, he was exposed to the emerging rock and roll of other Texans such as Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash and Lubbock native Buddy Holly. He was profoundly influenced in the 1960s by the likes of The Beatles and Bob Dylan and the folk music and blues revival in that decade.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Mack The Knife - (6:14) - 549 plays
- LyricsDid you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?
Well Dallas is a jewel, oh yeah, Dallas is a beautiful sight.
And Dallas is a jungle but Dallas gives a beautiful light.
Did you ever see Dallas from a DC-9 at night?
Well, Dallas is a woman who will walk on you when you're down.
- Your Love Is My Rest - (4:10) - 329 plays
- Tonight I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown - (2:54) - 308 plays
- Train of Love - (3:35) - 302 plays
- Another Colorado - (3:28) - 271 plays
- My Mind's Got a Mind of Its Own - (2:31) - 161 plays
- Saginaw, Michigan - (3:16) - 137 plays
- Just a Wave, Not the Water - (4:48) - 119 plays
- Pick Me Up on Your Way Down - (2:58) - 121 plays