0 Shouts - 23,814 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist called Jim ReidRead More...
1) Jim Reid was once in a band called The Jesus and Mary Chain. After 15 years they disbanded in 1998. In the year 2000 - Jim Reid returned with a new band Freeheat (with Ben Lurie, Nick Sanderson and Romi Mori). They released a couple of EPs and toured the USA, UK and Sweden on several occasions. Their last show was in April 2003. The members of the band have now gone their seperate ways. Jim has now released one solo single - 'Song For A Secret' and is starting to play gigs up and down the UK. The two brothers did re-unite recently to perform as The Jesus and Mary Chain at Coachella festival in California.
2) Jim Reid (folk musician)
Jim Reid (5 May 1934 - 6 July 2009) was a Scottish folk musician who was born in Dundee. Many of his songs are about his home town of Dundee and the people and places of the surrounding county of Angus.
The first folk group he was in was The Taysiders in the 1970s, but he became better known as the driving force behind The Foundry Bar Band from Arbroath recording three albums with them in the 1980s. Later Reid partnered up with John Huband the Dundee accordionist, to record the album Freewheeling Now.
Reid's solo work has included his debut in 1984 I Saw The Wild Geese Flee, followed by The Better o a Sang in 1996, Emfae Dundee in 2001 and Yont The Tay in 2005. In 2005, Reid released a songbook with a collection of his own songs titled after his second album The Better o a Sang.
Reid guest featured on many other artists recordings including the ninth to twelfth volumes of the twelve volume series of Linn Records The Complete Songs of Robert Burns. He appeared on other works such as the Hamish Henderson tribute album, A The Bairns O Adam and Life In The Kingdom which was with the children of Fife primary schools.
In 2005 he won the "Scots Singer of the Year" award, and Reid regularly played at festivals until he was diagnosed with dementia.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dead End Kids - 3,755 plays
- I'm Stranded - 3,054 plays
- And Your Bird Can Sing - 3,568 plays
- The Wild Geese / Norland Wind - 965 plays
- Song for a Secret - 3,169 plays
- Detroit - 559 plays
- If You Gotta Go - 1,127 plays
- Black and Blues - 465 plays
- Dead End Kids (demo) - 289 plays
- Love On The Ground - 1,146 plays