1,569 Shouts - 24,306,906 Scrobbles
Jethro Tull is a progressive rock / folk rock band which formed in Blackpool, Lancashire, England in 1967. Their music is marked by the initially soulful and bluesy, and later expressively idiosyncratic, vocal style and unique lead flute work of frontman Ian Anderson; and by unusual and often complex song construction. Their music, though starting with blues rock with an experimental flavour, has incorporated elements of classical and celtic folk music, as well as art rock and alternative rock.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsSitting on a park bench
Eying little girls
With bad intent.
Snot running down his nose
Greasy fingers smearing shabby clothes.
- LyricsIn the shuffling madness
Of the locomotive breath,
Runs the all, time loser,
Headlong to his death.
He feels the piston scraping
- LyricsOn Preston platform
Do your soft shoe shuffle dance
Brush away the cigarette ash
Thats falling down your pants
And then you sadly wonder
- LyricsAs I did walk by Hampstead Fair
I came upon Mother Goose
So I turned her loose
But she was screaming
And a foreign student said to me
- LyricsWond'ring aloud
How we feel today
Last night sipped the sunset
My hand in her hair
We are our own saviors
- Living in the Past - (3:20) - 15,179 plays
- My God - (7:29) - 13,857 plays
- Hymn 43 - (4:21) - 13,234 plays
- Up to Me - (3:35) - 13,404 plays
- Cross-Eyed Mary - (3:39) - 13,966 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online