1 Shouts - 30,417 Scrobbles
Jessie Hill (b 9 December 1932, New Orleans – d 17 September 1996, New Orleans) was an American R&B singer and songwriter, best remembered for the classic Ooh Poo Pah Doo. By his teens Hill was playing drums in local bands, and in 1951 he formed his own group, the House Rockers. After periods performing as drummer with Professor Longhair and then Huey "Piano" Smith, he formed a new version of the House Rockers in 1958, which enabled him to focus on singing with the band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo - (2:17) - 373 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo - Original - (4:26) - 158 plays
- Whip It On Me - (2:22) - 133 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo (Part 1) - (2:19) - 95 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo (Part 1) - 2002 Digital Remaster - (2:19) - 56 plays
- ooh poo pah doo part 1 - (2:19) - 79 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo (Part 2) - (2:17) - 55 plays
- Oogsey Moo - (2:47) - 53 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo, Pt. 1 - (2:21) - 41 plays
- Scoop Scoobie Doobie - (3:31) - 45 plays