1 Shouts - 27,718 Scrobbles
Jessie Hill (b 9 December 1932, New Orleans – d 17 September 1996, New Orleans) was an American R&B singer and songwriter, best remembered for the classic Ooh Poo Pah Doo. By his teens Hill was playing drums in local bands, and in 1951 he formed his own group, the House Rockers. After periods performing as drummer with Professor Longhair and then Huey "Piano" Smith, he formed a new version of the House Rockers in 1958, which enabled him to focus on singing with the band.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo - Original - (4:26) - 445 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo - (2:17) - 574 plays
- Whip It On Me - (2:22) - 152 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo (Part 1) - (2:19) - 97 plays
- Scoop Scoobie Doobie - (3:31) - 59 plays
- ooh poo pah doo part 1 - (2:19) - 50 plays
- Oogsey Moo - (2:47) - 51 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo (Part 2) - (2:17) - 40 plays
- Ooh Poo Pah Doo, Pt. 1 - (2:21) - 38 plays
- I Studied Soul - (2:15) - 53 plays