0 Shouts - 110,773 Scrobbles
Sometimes the best artists emerge from the most unexpected of places. The East Coast of Canada is not particularly well-known for their rap scene (though they have a devoted one, to be sure), but out of Halifax, Nova Scotia emerges Jesse Dangerously. The rapper, beatmaker, and drummer crafts alternative hip-hop tracks out of obscure sampling, clever lyrics, and a touch of rhythmic unorthodoxy.Read More...
Jesse started his career with his solo debut, entitled Break, in 1996, but his major splash in the scene has come since the turn of the millennium. Since then, he has released three solo albums, hosted a radio show, performed at various awards shows, and collaborated with many artists including MC Frontalot, the one who coined the term 'nerdcore'.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Aww Shucks - 9,604 plays
- Outfox'd (When Pacifists Attack) - 7,199 plays
- Inter Alia - 5,399 plays
- Naming Names - 3,468 plays
- For Lack of Trying - 3,388 plays
- The Prestidigitator - 3,402 plays
- So! Much! Fun! (UNH!) - 3,123 plays
- Trouble Brewing (1979) - 2,925 plays
- Tom Lehrer's The Elements - 2,810 plays
- Celebrity Nudes (Timskin Moon Mix) - 3,207 plays