0 Shouts - 1,006,197 Scrobbles
Jeromes Dream were a Connecticut screamo three-piece, active from 1997 to 2001. The band had a unique vocal style - singer Jeff Smith opted not to use a microphone while performing live, instead screaming unamplified at the top of his lungs. The band was known for playing very short sets, usually no longer than 10 minutes. According to Smith, they thought 10 minutes was all they needed to get their point across.Read More...
The band's second full-length album, Presents, featured a drastic change in vocal style, abandoning the raw screams for processed "megaphone" style vocals. This stylistic shift was rumored to a product of vocal cord damage sustained by their singer from the repeated strain of performing. However, Smith cites an anecdote in which while recording with Orchid his voice cut off and he passed out in the recording booth. Afterward, they changed their style overall.
After Jeromes Dream, Jeff Smith went on to play experimental drone music in The Wind-Up Bird. Drummer Erik Ratensperger now played in the bands Best Inventions and The Virgins and currently plays in The Rassle. According to guitarist Nick Antonopoulos, the band devised their name from the film Gattaca.
In 2005, Alone Records of Oswego, NY released a 2CD discography containing all of Jeromes Dream's recordings, including live and unreleased songs.
• Jeromes Dream Demo Cassette (Self-Released. 1998)
• Split w/ Amalgamations 7" (Rice Control Records. 1998)
• Split w/ July 7" (Hit the Ground Running Records. 1999)
• Split w/ Book of Dead Names 5" (Witching Hour Records. 1999)
• Seeing Means More Than Safety 10" LP (Old Glory Records. 2000)
• Split w/ Orchid 10" Skull Shaped Split (Witching Hour Records. 2000)
• Split w/ Usurp Synapse 7" (Level Plane / Clean Plate Records. 2000)
• V/A "Antipodes" 7" EP (Level Plane Records. 2000)
• Presents MCD (Alone Records. 2001)
• Split w/ The One AM Radio 7" (Garbage Czar Records. 2001)
• Completed 1997-2001 2xCD (Alone Records. 2005)
http://www.cleanplate.com/jeromesdream (official site)
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- A Second Grade Art Project - 39,600 plays
- What Other Adjective Would You Have Me Use for the Word Good? - 32,130 plays
- this is for baby fat. - 33,967 plays
- Just Down the Hall From Room 526 - 34,491 plays
- And Just Like That the Year Is Gone - 38,500 plays
- Do We Write to Write Right? - 29,570 plays
- True Thinkers Will Stop Time To Think. - 27,894 plays
- Who's the Snifter Lifter? - 25,145 plays
- It's Right Where You Said It Would Be - 30,577 plays
- Rock Song - 24,648 plays