28 Shouts - 127,213 Scrobbles
Jennifer Holliday (born Jennifer-Yvette Holliday on October 19, 1960 in Riverside, Texas) is an American singer and actress. Her career started on Broadway in musicals, but eventually she became a successful recording artist. Her biggest hit to date is the R&B/Pop hit "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going".
Holliday landed her first big role on Broadway in 1980, when she landed her first notable role in the Broadway production of Your Arms Too Short To Box With God. Her performance in that musical earned her a 1981 Drama Desk nomination.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAnd I am tellin' you I'm not goin'
You're best man I've ever known
There's no way I can ever go
No, no, there's no way
No, no, no, no, way
- And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going - Dreamgirls/Broadway/Original Cast Version - (4:04) - 821 plays
- And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going - (4:04) - 608 plays
- LyricsLook at me, look at me
I am changing, trying every way I can
I am changing, I'll be better than I am
I'm trying to find a way to understand
But I need you, I need you, I need a hand
- LyricsIf I talk too much you see
I’m tryin’ desperately to be understood
If I seem a little shy
It’s for all the times that I had my heart in the dark
Like in all the story books the white knight came and took
- And I Am Telling You - 122 plays
- Love Stories - (6:01) - 102 plays
- One Night Only - Dreamgirls/Broadway/Original Cast Version - (3:41) - 107 plays
- Just Let Me Wait - (4:51) - 164 plays
- I'm On Your Side - (5:33) - 70 plays