Jeannie C. Riley
4 Shouts - 201,120 Scrobbles
Jeannie C. Riley (born Jeanne Carolyn Stephenson on October 19, 1945) is an American country and gospel music singer. She is known for her major 1968 hit Harper Valley PTA that made her the first ever female singer to have a song reach #1 on both the country and pop music charts. The record quickly became one of the most legendary country music songs of all time. Written by Tom T. Hall, the song was released on the Plantation Records label.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Harper Valley P.T.A. - (3:23) - 3,412 plays
- Harper Valley PTA - (3:18) - 1,341 plays
- LyricsNew York is a long way from Texas
Vegas is a long way from Abilene
I spend lots of my time flyin' out to L.A.
And if you've never been there
You don't know how lonesome big towns can be
- Harper Valley P.T.A - (3:20) - 183 plays
- There Never Was a Time - (2:47) - 90 plays
- Widow Jones - (2:32) - 97 plays
- I've Done a Lot of Living Since Then - (2:02) - 116 plays
- The Girl Most Likely - (2:08) - 108 plays
- The Back Side of Dallas - (2:36) - 81 plays
- Box of Memories - (2:26) - 84 plays