54 Shouts - 1,046,708 Scrobbles
Jean-Philippe Rameau (25 September 1683 - 12 September 1764) was one of the most important French composers and music theorists of the Baroque era. He replaced Jean-Baptiste Lully as the dominant composer of French opera, and was attacked by those who preferred Lully's style. Rameau’s music is characterised by the exceptional technical knowledge of a composer who wanted above all to be renowned as a theorist of the art.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- La naissance d'Osiris: Overture - (6:06) - 1,513 plays
- La Poule - (2:59) - 1,134 plays
- Rameau: Gavotte And 5 Variations - (7:39) - 804 plays
- Rameau: Les indes galantes / Act 9 - Danse des Sauvages - Live At Theatre, Salle Molière, Poissy / 2003 - (2:18) - 664 plays
- L'Entretien des Muses - (5:32) - 904 plays
- La Livri - (2:55) - 747 plays
- La Dauphine - (3:12) - 656 plays
- Tambourin - (1:33) - 581 plays
- Les Cyclopes - (3:22) - 566 plays
- Sarabande - (3:01) - 487 plays