50 Shouts - 979,930 Scrobbles
Jean-Philippe Rameau (25 September 1683 - 12 September 1764) was one of the most important French composers and music theorists of the Baroque era. He replaced Jean-Baptiste Lully as the dominant composer of French opera, and was attacked by those who preferred Lully's style. Rameau’s music is characterised by the exceptional technical knowledge of a composer who wanted above all to be renowned as a theorist of the art.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- La Poule - (2:59) - 1,565 plays
- Ouverture - (2:26) - 1,365 plays
- Tambourin - (1:33) - 1,286 plays
- La Livri - (2:55) - 1,152 plays
- L'Entretien des Muses - (5:32) - 1,115 plays
- I. Allemande - (8:01) - 810 plays
- La Dauphine - (4:05) - 710 plays
- Air de mussette - (1:36) - 680 plays
- Les Cyclopes - (3:22) - 799 plays
- La Laborde - (5:28) - 571 plays