333 Shouts - 3,437,008 Scrobbles
According to legend, the duo of Jaylib began in 2000 when J.ROCC (of the Beat Junkies) passed a beat tape (an instrumental CD with unused beats) to Madlib. These beats happened to be by none other than J Dilla (of Slum Village fame). An enthusiastic Madlib then recorded over these beats and labeled them "Jaylib", without the intention of actually releasing them. After Stones Throw placed one of these recordings on a mixtape (under the name Jaylib), and J Dilla caught ear of this, the full collaboration began to blossom.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Red - (3:22) - 10,644 plays
- L.A. To Detroit - (1:19) - 4,774 plays
- Starz - (3:03) - 5,166 plays
- Champion Sound - (2:24) - 5,019 plays
- The Official - (3:32) - 4,902 plays
- Nowadayz - (3:08) - 4,775 plays
- The Heist - (3:06) - 4,153 plays
- Heavy - (3:46) - 3,412 plays
- The Mission - (2:24) - 3,107 plays
- Strip Club - (2:51) - 2,971 plays