16 Shouts - 483,052 Scrobbles
Jay Farrar (born December 26, 1966 in Belleville, Illinois) is an American songwriter and musician currently based in St. Louis, Missouri. A veteran of two critically acclaimed music groups, Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt, he began his solo music career in 2001. Beyond his established talents as a songwriter, he is a guitarist, harmonicist, and a vocalist. His musical style ranges from sparse, unaccompanied folk music to full rock and roll band arrangements comparable to Neil Young or Dinosaur Jr..
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsUp the Hudson Valley across New York State to Chicago then the Plains
All so easy and dreamlike crashing the salt flat daybreak
I hear "I'll Take You Home again Kathleen" sad fog winds out there to blow
Across the rooftops of eerie old hangover San Francisco
Now I'm transcontinental 3000 miles from my home
- Hoping Machine - (4:53) - 1,377 plays
- LyricsThis river of road,
It don't flow like it used to.
But it's more of a home
Than anywhere that I've ridden it to.
We used to dream together
- LyricsThere is no need to say another word
It will be golden and eternal just like that
Something good will come of all things yet
Simple golden eternity blessing all
These roads don't move;
- LyricsOnly interested in the sad music
The voice of Willamine
She makes men sigh and women wonder
Where is all the beauty coming from? And why?
Nobody ever dares to write the true story of love
- Fly High - (3:46) - 1,210 plays
- My Revolutionary Mind - (4:44) - 1,069 plays
- Low Life Kingdom - (3:20) - 975 plays
- Big Sur - (3:56) - 927 plays
- All In One - (2:08) - 896 plays