150 Shouts - 1,451,170 Scrobbles
Jawbox was a post-hardcore band which formed in 1989 in Washington D.C., United States. The band consisted of J Robbins (vocals, guitar), Bill Barbot (guitar), Kim Coletta (bass) and Adam Wade (drums). The band split in 1997. In their eight-year existence, Jawbox released four studio albums of increasingly skillful post-punk, not necessarily carrying the torch of their Washington DC, elders (Minor Threat, Embrace, Rites of Spring), but instead building on the tradition of Chicago's thriving early-'80s scene (Big Black, Naked Raygun, Effigies).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHey angel, consider your position
Afraid to be consumed
Savory, your sympathy
Hey angel, fly over and bless me
- LyricsA minute, a second
A half-life, a minus
A segment, a blinder
It's secession time
- LyricsHe invites the storm
He lives by instinct
With fears that are not fears
But prickles of ecstasy
This code is cracked
- LyricsTaking division down to where I shouldn't be
Turn pockets run aground in the green
New way to see what's laid plain in front of me
Nothing better than a look at what I shouldn't see
When you examined the wreck, what did you see?
- LyricsFear as friend I wish I'd never kissed;
faded hand to mouth as catalyst.
Technicolored static sender,
secondguess my love for danger.
Bold-face it with a hand of 10 by 10.
- Green Glass - (3:27) - 1,745 plays
- LS/MFT - (2:42) - 1,677 plays
- Cruel Swing - (2:15) - 1,478 plays
- Jackpot Plus! - (2:34) - 1,402 plays
- Chicago Piano - (3:11) - 1,403 plays