208 Shouts - 7,865,644 Scrobbles
For anyone looking to brand Jason Aldean as part of a significant musical movement, good luck.
There’s a lot about the singer that’s become familiar during his five years as a country hitmaker, after all, he has spent more weeks at #1 on the radio charts than any other country artist in the last 12 months. But none of what he does comes out quite like anyone else. The blues-tinged licks at the end of his phrases—there’s a ring of familiarity about them, but you can’t really link them to another artist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou slip your finger through the tear in my t-shirt
You stirrin' up dirty in the back of my mind
You keep on flirtin'
'Cause you know that it's workin'
You stuck in my head girl writing the lines
- LyricsYeah I'm chilling on a dirt road,
Laid back swervin' like I'm George Jones,
Smoke rollin' out the window,
An ice cold beer sittin' in the console
Memory lane up in the headlights
- LyricsI knew the minute that I picked you up
It was gonna be a wild ride
You kissed me like you couldn't get enough
Barely made it out of your drive
Burn a little rubber at the red light
- LyricsI've been thinkin' bout you all day baby
Waitin' on that sun to go down
Whatcha say I pick you up after work
Slide over, we slip out to the outskirts of town
Got a blanket and a fifth of comfort
- LyricsI worked all week.
Cleaned up, clean cut, and clean shaved.
I got the cover off the '68.
I fired it up, and let them horses sing.
A little pretty thing.
- Don't You Wanna Stay - (3:15) - 4,672 plays
- When She Says Baby - (2:51) - 7,502 plays
- She's Country - (3:41) - 6,037 plays
- Don't You Wanna Stay (with Kelly Clarkson) - (4:19) - 4,808 plays
- Take A Little Ride - (3:09) - 5,862 plays