203 Shouts - 6,288,521 Scrobbles
For anyone looking to brand Jason Aldean as part of a significant musical movement, good luck.
There’s a lot about the singer that’s become familiar during his five years as a country hitmaker, after all, he has spent more weeks at #1 on the radio charts than any other country artist in the last 12 months. But none of what he does comes out quite like anyone else. The blues-tinged licks at the end of his phrases—there’s a ring of familiarity about them, but you can’t really link them to another artist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYeah, I'm chilling on a dirt road
Laid back swerving like I'm George Jones
Smoke rolling out the window
An ice cold beer sitting in the console
Memory lane up in the headlights
- LyricsCouple guys in first class on a flight from New York to Los Angeles
Kinda making small talk, killin' time, flirtin' with the flight attendants
Thirty thousand feet above what would be Oklahoma
Just a bunch of square corn fields and wheat farms, man it all looks the same
Miles and miles of back roads and highways connecting little towns with funny names
- Don't You Wanna Stay (with Kelly Clarkson) - (4:19) - 45,247 plays
- LyricsThere's still black marks on that county road, where we drag raced our pick-ups and mustangs A
And weathered all the sun and rain A
And to this day up on that overpass, even underneath the new paint, you can still see, B
"Allie, will you marry me?" B
Take a ride, look around C
- LyricsYou boys ever met a real country girl?
Talkin, true blue, out in the woods, down home, country girl
She's a hot little number in her pick-up truck
Daddy's sweet money done jacked it up
She's a party-all-nighter from South Carolina, a bad mamajama from down in Alabama
- Big Green Tractor - (3:24) - 32,887 plays
- My Kinda Party - (3:50) - 35,283 plays
- Take A Little Ride - (3:09) - 50,269 plays
- Crazy Town - (3:04) - 24,413 plays
- The Only Way I Know (with Luke Bryan and Eric Church) - (3:13) - 40,743 plays