206 Shouts - 6,899,831 Scrobbles
For anyone looking to brand Jason Aldean as part of a significant musical movement, good luck.
There’s a lot about the singer that’s become familiar during his five years as a country hitmaker, after all, he has spent more weeks at #1 on the radio charts than any other country artist in the last 12 months. But none of what he does comes out quite like anyone else. The blues-tinged licks at the end of his phrases—there’s a ring of familiarity about them, but you can’t really link them to another artist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYeah, I'm chilling on a dirt road
Laid back swerving like I'm George Jones
Smoke rolling out the window
An ice cold beer
sitting in the console
- LyricsI've been thinkin' bout you all day baby
waitin' on that sun to go down
whatcha say I pick you up after work
slide over, we slip out to the outskirts of town
I got a blanket and a fifth of comfort
- Fly Over States - (3:37) - 28,001 plays
- LyricsYou boys ever met a real country girl?
Talkin, true blue, out in the woods, down home, country girl
She's a hot little number in her pick-up truck
Daddy's sweet money done jacked it up
She's a party-all-nighter from South Carolina, a bad mamajama from down in Alabama
- Lyrics[Verse 1:]
I worked all week.
Cleaned up, clean cut, and clean shaved.
I got the cover off the '68.
I fired it up, and let them horses sing.
- Take A Little Ride - (3:09) - 28,963 plays
- Big Green Tractor - (3:24) - 22,224 plays
- Tattoos On This Town - (3:21) - 20,818 plays
- Don't You Wanna Stay (with Kelly Clarkson) - (4:19) - 19,854 plays
- 1994 - (4:02) - 24,530 plays