208 Shouts - 7,530,836 Scrobbles
For anyone looking to brand Jason Aldean as part of a significant musical movement, good luck.
There’s a lot about the singer that’s become familiar during his five years as a country hitmaker, after all, he has spent more weeks at #1 on the radio charts than any other country artist in the last 12 months. But none of what he does comes out quite like anyone else. The blues-tinged licks at the end of his phrases—there’s a ring of familiarity about them, but you can’t really link them to another artist.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYou slip your finger through the tear in my t-shirt
You stirrin' up dirty in the back of my mind
You keep on flirtin'
Cause you know that it's workin'
You stuck in my head girl writing the lines
- LyricsSome days it's tough just gettin' up
Throwin' on these boots and makin' that climb
Some days I'd rather be a no-show lay-low
Before I go outta my mind.
But when she says baby,
- LyricsYeah, I'm chilling on a dirt road
Laid back swerving like I'm George Jones
Smoke rolling out the window
An ice cold beer
sitting in the console
- LyricsI've been thinkin' bout you all day baby
waitin' on that sun to go down
whatcha say I pick you up after work
slide over, we slip out to the outskirts of town
I got a blanket and a fifth of comfort
- Lyrics[Verse 1:]
I worked all week.
Cleaned up, clean cut, and clean shaved.
I got the cover off the '68.
I fired it up, and let them horses sing.
- She's Country - (3:41) - 15,623 plays
- Take A Little Ride - (3:09) - 13,827 plays
- Fly Over States - (3:37) - 14,088 plays
- Big Green Tractor - (3:24) - 13,732 plays
- Tattoos On This Town - (3:21) - 10,898 plays