21 Shouts - 410,639 Scrobbles
Jascha Heifetz (2 February 1901 – 10 December 1987) was a violinist widely regarded as the greatest violinist of the 20th Century. Heifetz made his first commercial recording on 7 November 1917. Throughout his career, he continued to record, almost always for RCA Victor. He had an immaculate technique and expressive vibrato. From time to time, his near-perfect technique and conservative stage demeanor caused some to accuse him of being overly mechanical, even cold. Even so, most critics agree he infused his playing with feeling and reverence for the wishes of the composers.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 77: II. Adagio - (9:08) - 197 plays
- Violin Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 26: I. Vorspiel - Allegro moderato - Redbook Stereo - (7:40) - 198 plays
- Sinfonia No. 3 in D Major, BWV 789 - (1:07) - 123 plays
- Chaconne in G Minor - (9:33) - 176 plays
- String Trio in B-Flat Major, D. 581: I. Allegro moderato - (4:38) - 132 plays
- String Trio in B-Flat Major, D. 581: II. Andante - (4:20) - 129 plays
- String Trio in B-Flat Major, D. 581: III. Menuetto - (3:14) - 116 plays
- Sinfonia No. 9 in F minor, BWV 795 - (2:30) - 113 plays
- Sinfonia No. 4 in D minor, BWV 790 - (1:37) - 115 plays
- String Trio in B-Flat Major, D. 581: IV. Rondo. Allegretto - (4:13) - 107 plays