Jared Mees and The Grown Children
10 Shouts - 34,570 Scrobbles
Despite its title, Only Good Thoughts Can Stay is not an anthem for blind faith in simple pleasures. Pairing sometimes dark lyrical matter with uptempo major-chord progressions, the newest album from Portland, Oregon’s Jared Mees and the Grown Children examines the give-and-take inherent in struggles for self-fulfillment while walking a tightrope between naive exuberance and cynical skepticism. This balancing act results in a sound that is joyful yet introspective; a rollicking Americana tale of modern life, be it hellish or heavenly.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shake - (6:03) - 106 plays
- Strong Black Coffee - (3:20) - 90 plays
- Limber Hearts - (4:39) - 24 plays
- Juicy Fruit - (5:13) - 19 plays
- Oh No Oh My God - (5:33) - 21 plays
- Hungry Like A Tiger - (4:56) - 19 plays
- Bees - (4:27) - 23 plays
- In The Fall - (4:54) - 27 plays
- Tiny Toy Piano - (7:05) - 20 plays
- The Tallest Building In Hell - (5:03) - 11 plays