444 Shouts - 2,542,615 Scrobbles
British art rock band Japan was formed in 1974 in Lewisham, South London, England with original members David Sylvian (vocals, guitar), Mick Karn (bass guitar, saxophone), Richard Barbieri (keyboards), Rob Dean (guitar), and Steve Jansen (percussion). Dean left the band before the recording of Japan's final album, Tin Drum. Japan began playing glam rock, influenced by David Bowie, The New York Dolls and motown. Japan debuted on record with 1978's Adolescent Sex and subsequently Obscure Alternatives, which both sold well in the nation of Japan, though nowhere else.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ghosts - (4:24) - 11,061 plays
- Quiet Life - (4:51) - 7,255 plays
- I Second That Emotion - (5:17) - 3,813 plays
- Visions Of China - (3:38) - 4,011 plays
- Nightporter - (6:48) - 4,277 plays
- Gentlemen Take Polaroids - (7:05) - 3,432 plays
- Quiet Life - 7" Version - 2,485 plays
- Adolescent Sex - (4:13) - 3,115 plays
- The Art Of Parties - (6:42) - 2,997 plays
- Methods Of Dance - (6:52) - 2,908 plays