31 Shouts - 136,128 Scrobbles
Jan Akkerman (born 24 December 1946) is a Dutch guitarist and lutenist. In 1973 Akkerman was chosen Best Guitarist Of The World by the readers of the UK magazine Melody Maker. In the 1970s, with Thijs van Leer he formed the core of the Dutch symphonic rock band Focus. Akkerman was born in the 'de Jordaan' area of Amsterdam, the son of a scrap iron trader. At age five he took guitar lessons and, at the age of fourteen, his first single was released. He was a member of Johnny and The Cellar Rockers, The Hunters and Brainbox, and joined the Thijs van Leer Trio in late 1969.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Streetwalker - (6:57) - 538 plays
- Wild Flower 2 - (4:33) - 244 plays
- House of the King - (2:23) - 201 plays
- Pietons - (8:01) - 166 plays
- A Galliard By John Dowland - (1:34) - 107 plays
- Crackers - (8:39) - 149 plays
- In Between The Sheets - (6:19) - 146 plays
- See You - (7:59) - 129 plays
- Skydancer - (8:20) - 158 plays
- Britannia By John Dowland - (3:59) - 128 plays