0 Shouts - 9,438,026 Scrobbles
There are several artists in this entry:Read More...
1) a British indie rock band formed in 1981 in Manchester
2) the vocalist of popular Bangladeshi band Nagar Baul
3) a Dutch rapper connected to the Fakkelteitgroep.
1) James (formed 1981 in Manchester, England) are a popular band that were at the forefront of the indie rock movement, releasing a string of hit singles and maintaining popularity through the '90s.
The band's sound is mostly defined by their lead singer Tim Booth's resonating vocals and emotional lyrics, as well as a spirit of experimentation that they held onto throughout their active career. The band's most well-known songs include the hits "Sit Down" and "Laid", the former marking the band's rise to popularity.
Although James predate the 'Madchester scene' of the late 1980s and their sound was never "baggy" nevertheless their Mancunian origins and their more commercial releases were appropriated by the scene. For many reasons, including the departure of lead singer Booth, the band's final album became a struggle to record. This departure occurred in 2001 and the band has been inactive since, though they never officially declared a breakup. In 2007, the band was reactivated when Booth returned to the band.
2) James is the vocalist of popular Bangladeshi band Nagar Baul. He was a member of the band Feelings and later formed the band Nagar Baul. James was raised in Chittagong and later moved to Dhaka for his singing career. Stylishly longhaired James--overwhelmingly known as the Nagar Baul (the City Bard), was the pioneer of psychedelic rock in Bangladesh. Originally a lead singer and guitarist, he has always been respected for his solo projects. He became affectionately called Guru by his fans. His tunes were bright and his singing a divergence from the archetypal tunes preferred by the commercial-type directors. His songs expressed love, rage, discontent, frustration, and happiness.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsThis bed is on fire with passionate love
The neighbors complain about the noises above
But she only comes when she's on top
The therapist said not to see you no more
She said you're like a disease without any cure
- LyricsI sing myself to sleep
A song from the darkest hour
Secrets I can't keep
In sight of the day
Swing from high to deep
- LyricsYou're as tight as a hunter's trap
Hidden well, what are you concealing
Poker face, carved in stone
Amongst friends, but all alone
Why do you hide
- LyricsWhenever she's feeling empty
Whenever she's feeling insecure
Whenever her face is frozen
Unable to fake it anymore
Her shadow is always with her
- LyricsThere's a storm outside, and the gap between crack and thunder
Crack and thunder, is closing in, is closing in
The rain floods gutters, and makes a great sound on the concrete
On a flat roof, there's a boy leaning against the wall of rain
Aerial held high, calling "come on thunder, come on thunder"
- Getting Away With It (All Messed Up) - 381,702 plays
- Born Of Frustration - 263,146 plays
- Tomorrow - 229,566 plays
- Out To Get You - 193,750 plays
- Come Home - 155,334 plays