7 Shouts - 24,120 Scrobbles
James Tenney (August 10, 1934 - August 24, 2006) was an American composer and influential music theorist. Tenney was born in Silver City, New Mexico, and grew up in Arizona and Colorado. He attended the University of Denver, the Juilliard School of Music, Bennington College (B.A., 1958) and the University of Illinois (M.A., 1961). He studied piano with Eduard Steuermann and composition with Chou Wen-chung, Lionel Nowak, Paul Boepple, Henry Brant, Carl Ruggles, Kenneth Gaburo, Lejaren Hiller, John Cage, Harry Partch, and Edgard Varese.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Analog #1 (Noise Study) - (4:28) - 99 plays
- Spectral Canon for Conlon Nancarrow (1976 version; piano roll punched by Nancarrow) - (3:27) - 104 plays
- Dialogue - (4:13) - 99 plays
- Collage #1 ("Blue Suede") - (3:26) - 71 plays
- Music for Player Piano - (5:52) - 79 plays
- For Ann (rising) - (11:47) - 48 plays
- Listen...! - (4:30) - 35 plays
- Ergodos II (for John Cage) - (18:29) - 40 plays
- Spectral Canon for Conlon Nancarrow - 1976 version; piano roll punched by Nancarrow - (3:28) - 18 plays
- Spectral Canon For Conlon Nancarrow - (3:28) - 24 plays