14 Shouts - 158,992 Scrobbles
Born in Detroit, Michigan, in 1969, James Carter began playing saxophone at age 11, first recorded with a Detroit student ensemble in 1986 and, by 1991, had recorded with legendary trumpeter Lester Bowie on The Organizer and contributed to the 1991 collection The Tough Young Tenors. Mastering a family of reed instruments, from sopranino to contrabass saxophones to contrabass and bass clarinets, James Carter mesmerized the jazz world after arriving in New York City in 1988 to play under the auspices of Lester Bowie.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 'Round Midnight - (6:07) - 144 plays
- Sussa Nita - (6:06) - 172 plays
- You Never Told Me That You Care - (6:41) - 118 plays
- Freedom Jazz Dance - 102 plays
- FreeReggaeHiBop - (3:54) - 88 plays
- Rapid Shave - (7:32) - 119 plays
- The Intimacy Of My Woman's Beautiful Eyes - (8:47) - 78 plays
- Pour Que Ma Vie Demeure - (5:09) - 92 plays
- La Derniere Bergere (The Last Shepherdess) - (6:34) - 73 plays
- Sunset - (5:23) - 207 plays